Friday 3 December 2021

 December 2nd 2021


As you can see from the date, it’s been a while since the last treatment.

 

I experienced palpitations after the last treatment and a visit to the Doctor resulted in a heart scan and visit to the cardiologist.

However, despite copious trips to hospital almost every other day ,I felt happy about this and pleased that they were well and truly checking me out. Chemo can affect the heart in many ways and palpitations are very common, and since I have never experienced palpitations in the past (despite my running and fitness!) this was clearly due to the chemo.

I now have a heart monitor fitted next week for 24 hours and all being well, chemo resumes on 16th

Over the past week, I have been thinking about reasons why we go through things. I saw this post on social media and thought I would share it. I remembered that there were several questions that we will NEVER get answers to. ..




We all want answers and explanations for things we do and think, and ask “Why?” several times a day!

Here are the main reasons to ask questions;

·         To acquire knowledge

·         To eliminate confusion

·         To cause someone else to feel special/ important

·         To solve a problem

·         To create fear

·         To guide a conversation in the direction we want it to go

·         To manipulate

·         To play victim (why is this happening to me?)

As you can see from the list (there are so many more) some of these are positive and some are negative reasons

Have you ever watched an interview and the interviewer uses all CLOSED questions?! (Requiring a yes/ no reply)

A good interviewer will always use open questions, commencing with ”why”, “how”, “can we”,” tell me”

Many times when speaking to my grandchildren, I realise I am asking them too ‘broad’ a question i.e. “What did you do at school today?” rather than “What did you enjoy most at school today?” (much easier for them to understand and process in their minds!)

 

I have many questions from the past that I will never ever get answers to, and have chosen to move on and sometimes you just need to accept that not all questions can be answered and it really is a waste of time and energy,

Maybe you, too have many questions that you are wanting answers to. Maybe you will never find them, maybe you are never meant to know, maybe if you knew, you would feel worse!..

Look forward to each new day and another ’chapter’ and don’t lose any more sleep on the “Whys”😀

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The end can be the beginning!

 Jan 31st 2024 I like this!  I have just completed a ten week Level 2 Counselling Concepts at College, where I have sat with students half m...