Monday 1 November 2021

The Chair !


 

TREATMENT TWO -   OCT 21ST 2021

 

 

Today, I felt a bit better about my treatment because I knew what to expect!

I was one of the first patients of the day to arrive and therefore had a choice of which chair to occupy.

Once again, This was going to be my seat for the next few hours and I must admit, I wasn’t feeling excited about ‘parking’ here!

However, whilst sat here, I began thinking about chairs and their uses, both the positives and negatives of this piece of furniture

 

POSITIVE CHAIRS; -

·         Relaxing / Recliners       -                great after a day of working hard

·         Loungers                         -                  sunbathing and getting a nice tan

·         Rocking chairs               -                 great for babies, feeding and getting them to sleep during night hours!

·         High Chair                      -                   adjustable height baby feeding chairs, a meal time ‘must’

·         Deckchair                       -                  a ‘must’ if you are planning to sit on the beach all day!

·         Saddle chair                  -                   adjustable and on wheels, the hairdressers’ friend!

 

NEGATIVE CHAIRS;-

·         Dentist   chair                       -                  Feared by many, especially  years ago!

·         Waiting room chairs             -                Doctors’ surgery, hospitals, feeling of boredom at first sight

·         Pews                                        -                not made for comfort!

·         Electric chair                          -                 no comment!

 

Of course, there are many other types of chairs and although my chair was fairly comfortable, the thought of sitting there didn’t thrill me!

However, turning the situation into a positive and looking at the big picture, in a few months, my boring chair will become the most AMAZING chair ever, when I finish my chemo for good!

I will be so thankful of these hours spent in THIS CHAIR, when I know for sure I am cancer-free and able to live a normal life once again.

 

After four hours, my second visit to Laurel Suite was done and I wondered if the side effects would be better or worse than last time.

 

A few days on and yes, once again I have the side effects, fatigue, pins and needles in my hands (I need to wear gloves for fridge and freezer and walking outdoors)

A short walk is exhausting and I am trying my hardest to live as normal as I can. I have great encouragement from family and church ‘family’ and feel very loved!

 

I am trying to see the positives of this and realise it is a short time of treatment in the big scheme of things.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great way to look at things.You have made me think about chairs in a way I would never have thought of. Well done Babs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Hoping these blogs will help others!

    ReplyDelete

"At your age?"

April 30th 2024 If you are following my blogs, you will remember that my last one finished 'I am pursuing motivational speaking' No,...